Posts Tagged ‘treatment’

Why a large boulder was placed on the entrance of Jesus’ tomb?

February 15, 2014

My comments at blog:“Leading Malaysian Neocon”: topic “The Locked Tomb Mystery – Whodunit?”: link

http://scottthong.wordpress.com/
http://scottthong.wordpress.com/2007/01/17/the-locked-tomb-mystery-whodunit/#comment-521714

paarsurrey Says:
February 16, 14 at 5:31 am
@ Scott Thong
@Simon Thong
I have noted some points in the opening paragraph of your post; and I will discuss them one by one.

A large boulder was put on the entrance of the tomb so that some wild animals should not kill Jesus while unconscious or asleep in the tomb

Scott Thong wrote:
1. “First, a large boulder had been placed at the entrance of the tomb. “

Paarsurrey says:

A large boulder was placed as Jesus was inside the tomb and was in unconscious conditions due to the injuries inflicted on him on the cross, though he was being treated by Nicodemus, a physician, with the ointment prepared by him from a large and unusual quantity of herbs Aloe and Myrrh, healing weeds, as mentioned in the Bible; nevertheless; I think, the boulder was placed at the entrance of the tomb at night; so that some wild animals like dogs or jackals etc don’t endanger life of Jesus in the tomb whether unconscious or after treatment in his sound sleep.

I appreciate the efforts of disciples of Jesus while they were busy doing their utmost to save the injured Jesus by his treatment in the tomb of Armathea.

Mirza Ghulam Ahmad the Promised Messiah- Second Coming of Jesus, mentions about this stone or boulder in the book “Jesus in India” thus:

“Jesus compared his three days’ stay in the tomb to the three days of Jonah in the belly of the whale. This only shows that just as Jonah remained alive for three days in the belly of the whale, so did Jesus remain alive for three days in the tomb. The Jewish tombs of those days were not like the tombs of to-day; they were roomy and had an opening on one side, which was covered with a big stone. And, presently, I shall prove in due course that Jesus’ tomb which has been recently discovered in Srinagar in Kashmir is of the same type as the one in which Jesus was placed in a state of swoon.”

http://www.alislam.org/library/books/jesus-in-india/ch1.html

Advertisements

I deny deity to Science and the Scientists; if any

February 11, 2010

http://forum.richarddawkins.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=109230&p=2719722#p2719722

paarsurrey wrote:

Hi friends

I am an ordinary man in the street. I don’t have any claim to scholarship or any piety. I respect scientists; they are intelligent people; they discover and invent things and I am thankful to them. I buy things from the market discovered and invented by them and I am entitled to use those things as I have paid for them. I am grateful to the technicians and other artisans who make things convenient for me and I pay them for their services. I enjoy sports and I pay for that. I enjoy artists; they paint beautiful paintings; and I do pay for their paintings if I like to buy them. They are my partners in my life; but I don’t think I have any reason to prefer one for the other. Why should I consider a Scientist to have any hegemony over me? Science is not the whole of human life; it is only a part of it. The Scientists never create anything from nothing; they only discover things that are very much already in existence in the Universe. I respect the Scientists but I admire, thank and gratify the Creator- God Allah YHWH who had in fact created everything in me and around me. I think I have a right to do so. Am I right?

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

the PC apeman wrote :

Yes, science is just a way of knowing and knowing isn’t the whole of human life. More to the purposes of this forum, do you claim to have a way of knowing other than science?

paarsurrey wrote:

Hi friend the PC apeman

I think science is a product of philosophy; rather it is one branch of philosophy, please correct me if I am wrong. Knowledge could be acquired by many means never ever limited by Science or patented by the Scientists. I consider this Universe as the Work of the Creator -God Allah YHWH; yes science is a good faculty of human beings; but it exists only as the Universe has a system in its creation which alludes to a Creator of it, in my opinion. Had the Universe not been created / evolved in a natural system; the Scientists would have not been able to bring it in a system or create a system in it? Science, therefore, presupposes things in a system and not chaotic.

Another source of knowledge, to me, rather a superior source is Revelation from the Creator- God Allah YHWH.

When I pay the customary fees to my Physician for the treatment he has given to me; what more morally I am supposed to do or feel about him? After all the Physician is not my god; he gives treatment to me not from anything created by him; but from things already in existence; courtesy the Creator- God Allah YHWH.

I deny deity to Science and the Scientists; if any

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

Admonishing/Chastisement: is within “kind” treatment of spouses

November 26, 2009

http://forum09.faithfreedom.org/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1156&p=82364#p82364

sword_of_truth wrote:
Quran 4.34 famously instructs the husband to beat his wife as a third step in getting her to obey him if she is involved in nushoos or ill-conduct.

What qualifies as nushoos? Depends on who you ask.

Paarsurrey wrote:

Hi friends

I give the verses:

[4:35] Men are guardians over women because Allah has made some of them excel others, and because they (men) spend of their wealth. So virtuous women are those who are obedient, and guard the secrets of their husbands with Allah’s protection. And as for those on whose part you fear disobedience, admonish them and leave them alone in their beds, and chastise them. Then if they obey you, seek not a way against them. Surely, Allah is High, Great.
[4:36] And if you fear a breach between them, then appoint an arbiter from his folk and an orbiter from her folk. If they (the arbiters) desire reconciliation, Allah will effect it between them. Surely, Allah is All-Knowing, All-Aware.
[4:37] And worship Allah and associate naught with Him, and show kindness to parents, and to kindred, and orphans, and the needy, and to the neighbour that is a kinsman and the neighbour that is a stranger, and the companion by your side, and the wayfarer, and those whom your right hands possess. Surely, Allah loves not the proud and the boastful,
[4:38] Who are niggardly and enjoin people to be niggardly, and conceal that which Allah has given them of His bounty. And We have prepared for the disbelievers an humiliating punishment,
[4:39] And for those who spend their wealth to be seen of men, and believe not in Allah nor the Last Day. And whoso has Satan for his companion, let him remember that an evil companion is he.
[4:40] And what harm would have befallen them, if they had believed in Allah and the Last Day and spent out of what Allah has given them? And Allah knows them full well.
[4:41] Surely, Allah wrongs not any one even by the weight of an atom. And if there be a good deed, He multiplies it and gives from Himself a great reward.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … 4&verse=34

Quran favors men and women living in families and respecting the bond of love they have mutually bound themselves with; Quran does not favor non-family single living and or the ascetic life as does the Christianity. Quran’s approach as mentioned above is pro-family and pro-life while that of the Atheists Agnostics and their collaborators Christians here is not that.

So, what is bad if one admonishes are chastises the spouse and saves the family structure for good of the family and children and the society.

The West has forgotten the Role Model of Jesus and Mary; neither Jesus had any girlfriends nor did Mary have any boyfriends. Quran wants that the West should adopt Mary as a Role Model of Women, instead of the Celebrity Culture; though popular but is unnatural.

If a woman has any similar grievance against her husband; she could go to the court.

I love Jesus and Mary as mentioned in Quran.

Thanks

Why did Matthew and others, so called disciples, fail to arrange burial bath and burial rituals of Jesus?

June 25, 2009

Agoerner says:

By saying that He was GREATER than Jonah, Jesus was teaching that what would happen to Him would be even greater than what happened to Jonah. Jesus has conquered death and no one else has! His grave is empty.

There is something else we need to keep in mind. Both Jesus and Jonah preached the message of repentance. Nineveh preached “40 days and Nineveh will be destroyed.” Jesus also preached the message of repentance to the Jews. Nineveh repented at Jonah’s preaching and therefore wasn’t destroyed. Jerusalem did not repent at Jesus’ preaching and was destroyed in 70 AD (almost 40 years after Jesus was crucified). Because the Jews did not repent, Jonah’s judgment fell upon the Jews.

To summarize, Jesus was teaching that what would happen to Him would be even greater than what happened to Jonah. Jesus would be crucified by the unbelieving Jews, He would rise again from the dead and as proof of His kingship He would judge Jerusalem for her unbelief. Jesus’ judgment of Jerusalem happened about 40 years after He was crucified, just as He said.

These great and enduring signs Jesus gave to the Jews of His day are also signs for us today. Jesus has conquered death and no one else has! His grave is empty. Because Jesus has been raised from the dead, we can have assurance of salvation.

Paarsurrey says:

Hi friend agoerner

I think Matthew did not understand Jesus correctly or his writings have been changed and hence he was not among those who helped Jesus survive a cursed death of Cross.

Nicodemus and Joseph Armathea and other knew the exact status of Jesus andh hence they hurriedly took him to a spacious and airy tomb for the treatment.

Jesus trusted friends did not abondom him. If sinful Matthew deserted Jesus and fled away; that shows that he was not faithful to Jesus and hence his testimony is good for nothing.

If Jesus would have died then they would have arranged for a funeral bath and other funeral rites would have been performed. Why did Matthew and others so called disciples not arrange for these things?

I love Jesus and Mary as I do love Moses and his mother.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

How could Jesus die within two hours?! while the thieves who were crucified with Jesus remained alive

May 20, 2009

Brooksrobinson says.

You’re using cafeteria criticism which is a fallacious technique. You claim the Gospels are corrupt, Paul wrote this lie Paul wrote that lie….Then you proceed with, see as the Gospels say Jesus died sooner then most, he was given ointments, or this or that. Problem is, you cannot just do this, and if I was your professor I’d give you an F for failing to provide good arguments on why I should accept this technique.

Paarsurrey says.

Hi friend brooksrobinson

I think you have not read the event of Crucifixion carefully; otherwise you would have known these things from your Bible yourself. The room was spacious enough for an injured man to lie down and for two/three of his attendants for his treatment. There was a big opening in the tomb; which was used for entrance. It was situated in a secluded place and the attendants could therefore bring in with ease more medicines or food and something to drink for their “master”, if they liked.

This is easily deducible from Bible; if one just reflects properly and is not carried away with sentiments but thinks with the god-gifted reason/wisdom. I think you would like if I quote a passage from Mirza Ghulam Ahmad in this connection (I have numbered the points without changing the context, please).

Mirza Ghulam Ahmad 1835-1908 says:

1. It is improbable that the thieves who were crucified at the same time as Jesus should have remained alive, but that Jesus should have died within two hours. It was an excuse made up to save Jesus from the process of leg breaking.
2. The fact that both the thieves were taken down alive from the Cross is sufficient evidence for an intelligent person: and taking down the victims alive from the Cross was the usual custom; they died only when their bones were broken, or when they were allowed to remain on the Cross without food or drink for some days.
3. But Jesus had none of these experiences — he neither remained for any number of days on the Cross, nor were his bones broken; and by making it appear that Jesus had died the Jews were made to forget the whole matter.
4. The thieves, however, were killed immediately — their bones were broken. It would have been different if it had been said in regard to one of the thieves also that he was dead and that there was no need to break his bones.
5. And a man named Joseph — an honored friend of Pilate and a notable person in the locality and a secret disciple of Jesus — presented himself at the right time. I suspect that he too was called at Pilate’s suggestion. And Jesus having been taken for dead, his body was made over to him, for he was a big man with whom the Jews could have no quarrel.
6. Arriving at the scene he carried away Jesus as if he were a corpse. Actually he was in a state of swoon. There was a spacious house near by, built according to the custom of the time like a tomb, with an opening in it, and situated at a place with which the Jews had nothing to do.
7. Jesus was placed in this house at the suggestion of Pilate.
8. These events happened in the fourteenth century after the death of Moses; and, Jesus was the Restorer of the Israelite law in the fourteenth century. Though the Jews were looking out in this fourteenth century for the Promised Messiah, and the prophecies of the previous prophets also pointed to this very time for his appearance, yet, alas! the unworthy priests of the Jews did not recognize the time and the season, and rejected the Promised Messiah as an impostor.

http://www.alislam.org/library/books/jesus-in-india/ch1.html
I think this is reasonable.

I love Jesus and Mary as mentioned in Quran.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim