Posts Tagged ‘reality’

How to sift reality/facts from superstition/myth?

October 5, 2017

Paarsurrey Notes on:

Al-An`am Chapter 6 : Verse 117

And if thou obey the majority of those on earth, they will lead thee astray from Allah’s way. They follow nothing but mere conjecture, and they do nothing but lie.

Read More: Short English Commentary | Detailed English Commentary | Urdu Tafaseer اردو تفاسیر


Yunus Chapter 10 : Verse 67

Behold! whoever is in the heavens and whoever is in the earth is Allah’s. Those who call on others than Allah do not really follow these ‘partners’; they follow only a conjecture, and they do nothing but guess.

Read More: Short English Commentary | Detailed English Commentary | Urdu Tafaseer اردو تفاسیر


Al-Zukhruf Chapter 43 : Verse 21

And they say, ‘If the Gracious God had so willed, we should not have worshipped them.’ They have no knowledge whatsoever of that. They do nothing but conjecture.

How does one sift reality facts from superstition/myth, please?

Commonality in all religious scriptures, reasonableness, secure and pristine word of Revelation

Believe it or not, stress makes people “more superstitious”.

Superstition is the religion of feeble minds

Superstitions are irrational beliefs

Superstitions are myth not reality, actually, we have firm belief on superstitions and just because of this we consider them as real.

Our mind has great power and if we believe enough, we can create what our mind believes. The history and development of myths, superstitions and ceremonies are extremely interesting.

  • Valeed 7 years agofrom Pakistan

You are very right John these false beliefs have become so much rooted in our minds and societies that it is hard to get rid of them. Fortune tellers had made a fool out of millions of people and are on their way to do so in future also. Your wife is facing the same scenario as millions have faced before and continued to… I hope so she understands the true reality of life. May Allah bless her and give her health…

DREAMS WICCA & WITCHCRAFT ASTROLOGY THE PARANORMAL MAGIC FORTUNE TEL

The Science of Superstition

Parallel Sessions: Scientific Superstitions and Scientific Temper Myths, Superstitions and Propaganda in Scientific Age

In fact, “pattern finding” and “order seeking” mechanisms form the basis for nearly all existing myths

The same mechanism also makes us extremely vulnerable to all kinds of deceptions and manipulative techniques that impair our critical faculties. We may imagine things that don’t exist, make false judgments, accept uncritical claims, misinterpret facts and arrive at conclusions that are completely at odds with reality.
https://www.researchgate.net/

Advertisements

Time, space and Reality

March 31, 2017

I participated in the discussion on the above topic in my most cherished discussion forum Religious Forums

https://www.religiousforums.com/threads/probability-of-gods-existence.196797/page-8#post-5131250

I give here my posts mentioning the post numbers without giving the names of persons in response to whose posts I wrote my comments. Please click the post numbers to get to know the persons.

#148

Paarsurrey commented:

I like the post.
It is human who need time and space to perceive reality, reality does not need dimensions of time and pace.
Regards

Theists and Atheist are both faith based

December 21, 2013

I started a thread in one of my favorite discussion forum the Hubpages titled “Atheism is a psychological construct of doubt ; not a reality” :

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/118999

Following posts may be read in this connection:

Paarsurrey wrote:

Belief in One-True-God Allah Yahweh is very natural and is a reality; yet those who very unnaturally doubt it they are in no compulsion to believe it.

HowardBThiname wrote:

Ok, “atheism is a psychological construct of doubt ; not a reality”. I’ll agree with that.

But, by the same token, “Theism is a psychological ideation ; not a reality”.

What is real cannot be threatened. What is false, therefore, does not exist, except in the minds of the deluded.

wilderness posted:

As only a quite small percentage of people throughout the history of mankind have expressed a belief in Allah (and even fewer actually had such a belief), it doesn’t seem very “natural”, does it?

paarsurrey posted:

Natural is that what exists irrespective of humans believing or not believing and their numbers.

Wilderness posted:

Ah. Then both Allah and God are very unnatural as neither actually exists.

Why did you say the one was natural?

And why would you say that “Belief in One-True-God Allah Yahweh is very natural” if “natural” is irrespective of belief?

HowardBThiname wrote:

Ok, “atheism is a psychological construct of doubt ; not a reality”. I’ll agree with that.

But, by the same token, “Theism is a psychological ideation ; not a reality”.

What is real cannot be threatened. What is false, therefore, does not exist, except in the minds of the deluded.


Paarsurrey wrote:

You mean the minds of Atheists are free from being deluded?

JMcFarland posted:

no. Not all atheists are skeptics. Some atheists believe ridiculous things with no good reason. In other words, they have faith.

paarsurrey posted:

So the Theists and the Atheists both are faith based.

JMcFarland posted:

No. .. just atheists that believe something without a good reason and without evidence. That’s what faith is. Not all atheists are identical, just like not all theists are identical. Skepticism and atheism are not the same. I wish they were.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Paarsurrey says: one may like to comment in the hubpages or here in this blog.
Everybody is welcome to comment; even those who differ with me.

Reason tightens the rope around the neck of Atheism

February 13, 2010

http://forum.richarddawkins.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=109325&p=2725614#p2725614
stijndeloose wrote:

Reality is the rope tightening around religion’s neck.

Paarsurrey says:

Hi friend stijndeloose

May be it is reason that tightens the rope around the neck of un-natural Atheism and of course you would say that it is not; perhaps it is a grim reality out there, in my opinion.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim