My comments: blog “Random thoughts”: topic “Free speech”: link:
February 13, 2014 at 19:16
Hey, Paarsurrey! You want to explain these, from your “one true god”…….?
1. Slay the unbelievers wherever you find them (2:191).
2. Make war on the infidels living in your neighbourhood (9:123).
3. When opportunity arises, kill the infidels wherever you catch them (9:5).
4. Kill the Jews and the Christians if they do not convert to Islam or refuse to pay Jizya tax (9:29).
5. Any religion other than Islam is not acceptable (3:85).
6. The Jews and the Christians are perverts; fight them (9:30).
7. Maim and crucify the infidels if they criticise Islam (5:33).
8. The infidels are unclean; do not let them into a mosque (9:28).
9. Punish the unbelievers with garments of fire, hooked iron rods, boiling water; melt their skin and bellies (22:19).
10. Do not hanker for peace with the infidels; behead them when you catch them (47:4).
11. The unbelievers are stupid; urge the Muslims to fight them (8:65).
12. Muslims must not take the infidels as friends (3:28).
13. Terrorise and behead those who believe in scriptures other than the Qur’an (8:12).
14. Muslims must muster all weapons to terrorise the infidels (8:60).
February 14, 2014 at 23:53
@archaeopteryx1 says:February 13, 2014 at 19:16
There is no violence verse in Quran. We will discuss the verses one by one from your list.
First we take Quran verse 2:191, at serial no.1 of you post.
I give here the context verses:
[2:191] And fight in the cause of Allah against those who fight against you, but do not transgress. Surely, Allah loves not the transgressors.
[2:192] And kill them wherever you meet them and drive them out from where they have driven you out; for persecution is worse than killing. And fight them not in, and near, the Sacred Mosque until they fight you therein. But if they fight you, then fight them: such is the requital for the disbelievers
[2:193] But if they desist, then surely Allah is Most Forgiving, Merciful.
[2:194] And fight them until there is no persecution, and religion is freely professed for Allah. But if they desist, then remember that no hostility is allowed except against the aggressors.
[2:195] The violation of a Sacred Month should be retaliated in the Sacred Month; and forall sacred things there is the law of retaliation. So, whoso transgresses against you, punish him for his transgression to the extent to which he has transgressed against you. And fear Allah and know that Allah is with those who fear Him.
As one could see the verses are not general for all non-believers but are specific, as the context shows, for the Meccans who had declared a war with Muslims, they did not allow them the freedom of speech and freedom of worship,persecuted Muslims at Mecca severely to the extent that the Muslims had to migrate from Mecca to take refuge at Medina- then called Yasrub. Even then the won’t let them peacefully at Medina and continually attacked the Muslims at Medina, a hundred miles away, with large numbers.
The verse and the context verses are specific for such Meccans and not general for the non-believers.
I am already discussing this verse at another atheist blog; those who like to join there; they may give their point of view there, please:
Welcome for discussion