Posts Tagged ‘existence of God’

“God does not exist” can be dismissed without evidence

January 9, 2018

“I do not believe God exists.

I have found no evidences/proofs that “God exists”.

“God does not exist”

I have found many evidences and proofs that God cannot exist.

Post 24:

https://debatingchristianity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=901183#901183

Religion 

I also have a section dedicated to religion – Christianity in general. YES, it does belong in the fantasy category too!

I have written the odd article over the last few years. If you’re a fundamentalist Christian they’ll probably bring out the so-called righteous anger of God in you… either that or you will block your ears as so many Christians do and shout out “I can’t hear you, I can’t hear you!” or make silly claims that I’m misrepresenting the bible when I’m not. If you’re an atheist or agnostic you’ll be sure to get plenty of chuckles. If you’re none of the above, then hopefully they will at least give you food for thought.

https://reckersworld.jimdo.com/

“Your best argument that God does not exist”

May 14, 2015

Please feel free to view,comment and join discussion on my posts on< www.religiousforums.com > under the topic <Your best argument that God does not exist>.

http://www.religiousforums.com/threads/your-best-argument-that-g-d-does-not-exist.176821/page-8#post-4288329

Post #159

Paarsurrey wrote:

I think I have defined G-d that I believe in in some recent posts in other threads. There is however no harm giving it here again:

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim. Our G-d is identified by many attributes or these good attributes identify him. I give some of His attributes:

[2:256]Allah — there is no God but He, the Living, the Self-Subsisting and All-Sustaining. Slumber seizes Him not, nor sleep. To Him belongs whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is in the earth. Who is he that will intercede with Him except by His permission? He knows what is before them and what is behind them; and they encompass nothing of His knowledge except what He pleases. His knowledge extends over the heavens and the earth; and the care of them burdens Him not; and He is the High, the Great.
Quran : Chapter 2
He has existed always and has communicated with righteous persons in every region of the world and in all ages.
His communication identifies that He exists.

Regards

Post #161

Paarsurrey wrote:

You are very much here.

Your communication with us “Here I am” is a proof that you very much exist.
The same way communications from G-d with righteous persons in different regions of the world in all times amply proves that G-d doe exist.

Regards

Willamena liked this post.

Seeking after God like a seeker not like a philosopher

April 29, 2014
Hadrat Mirza Bashir Ahmad (ra) 1893- 1963

Hadrat Mirza Bashir Ahmad (ra) 1893- 1963

It should be understood that the intention with which a person undertakes a task, bears heavily on the result. The same thing done with one intention has quite a different result when it is done with some other purpose.

Intention has a deep impact upon every action of man, and it always manifests itself in one way or the other. Imagine a man, for instance, who obeys his master only because he is his master, but beyond that he has neither any interest in his affairs, nor any personal attachment to him. In such a case his obedience would be robotic. His work, which he does out of a sense a duty, would be devoid of zeal or enthusiasm.

But if the same person serves a man for whom he has personal regard and in whose affairs he takes the greatest interest, his obedience would immediately take on a different form. He would now carry out his duties with full zest and enthusiasm. Therefore, we conclude that although his duty is the same i.e., to obey his master’s orders, his intention greatly determines how he carries out his duty.

Let us also consider the case of a philosopher and a seeker after truth, both of whom set out for the same goal—i.e., to find out about God’s existence—but with completely different intentions. The philosopher tries to use his knowledge and wisdom to ascertain whether or not the universe has a creator. Even if he comes to the conclusion that God does exist, he will not bother to find out His attributes or His relationship with His creatures, for this is not his aim. His aim is only to satisfy his intellectual thirst. He is not desirous of communion with God, nor anxious for His nearness, nor craving for His friendship. He does not have the desire to reach Him, nor does he care to know of His Will.

A seeker, on the other hand, aims at reaching God. He wants to have communion with Him and desires His friendship and nearness. He is anxious to know of His Will, so that he can follow it. Can we put the philosopher and the seeker on the same plane? Of course not.

The first step, therefore, is that one should set one’s intentions straight and seek God like a seeker, not like a philosopher.

Pages 31-33
“Our God” by Mirza Bashir Ahmad

Click to access OurGod.pdf

Materialism vs the Mind

April 8, 2014

Paarsurrey says:

I totally agree with you.

The same way one could ask the materialists; do you exist? If yes, give its proofs and evidences. They never give answer to this question.

Thanks and regards

paarsurrey
April 10th, 2014 at 6:03 am

@Debilis : April 9th, 2014 at 11:43 pm
“That one has never occurred to me, I must admit.
I’ll have to remember that.”

Thanks for your appreciation. You make good points defending religion.

The arguments, though sophisticated and philosophical for the learned at times; should have a simple form also so that ordinary people could benefit from them and they could also defend religion on their own.

Most people are not much educated; religion is also for them; they should be equipped to defend religion in simple terms.
Communication between us is proof of our existence; otherwise we are just illusions or shadows of existence.

God has communicated with perfect men among human beings in all ages and all regions of the world; that is a strong proof of His existence.

Regards

Fide Dubitandum

maxresdefault How do you know that you are conscious?

It may seem silly to ask that question. That one is conscious is so obvious, there seems to be no reason to bother asking about how one knows it. Personally, I might have agreed, were it not for the number of times I’ve heard others insist that humans only know things through scientific investigation.

In fact, materialism is rooted in the idea that there is nothing other than the physical. It takes as its starting point that the sciences are the only legitimate form of investigation–because there is nothing other than that which science studies.

But there simply is no scientific test for whether or not one is conscious.

Most of us have never had a brain scan. And anyone who pauses to reflect on the situation will realize that it won’t tell you that you are conscious unless you already know…

View original post 210 more words

God Spoke with Mirza Ghulam Ahmad; God honored him With His Converse

March 17, 2014

I have written a post on the following blog of uncleE; the viewers could add their valuable comments here even if they differ.

“Is there a God?”
“How can we know if God exists? Do philosophical arguments help?”

http://www.is-there-a-god.info/blog/clues/how-can-we-know-if-god-exists-do-philosophical-arguments-help/
http://www.is-there-a-god.info/blog/clues/how-can-we-know-if-god-exists-do-philosophical-arguments-help/#comment-8852

paarsurrey
MAR 17, 2014 @ 15:50:55

@Howie :MAR 16, 2014 @ 16:44:54
” you feel you have revelation of the God you believe in”

Paarsurrey replies:

No, I am not honored with Revelation from God; but the book I suggested you to read; its author did have this blessing; and I had personally met with some other persons who had this blessing and did talk with them.

Like science is a tool that explores into nature, the Work of God; Quran is the Word of God that leads to God in religion.

I give a quote below from Mirza Ghulam Ahmad 1835-1908:

“The Speaker (Mirza Ghulam Ahmad) is Honored with Divine Converse”

“I would be guilty of doing great wrong to my fellow beings if I were not to declare at this stage that divine bounty has bestowed upon me the status which I have just defined and has honored me with the kind of converse the features of which I have just set out in detail, so that I should bestow sight upon the blind and should guide the seekers of the One Who has been so far lost, and should give to those who accept the truth the good news of that holy fountain of which many speak but which few find.

I wish to assure the listeners that the God, meeting with Whom is the salvation and eternal welfare of man, cannot be found without following the Holy Quran.

Would that the people were to see that which I have seen, and were to hear that which I have heard, and should lay aside mere tales and should run to the truth! The cleansing water which removes all doubt, that mirror through which that Supreme Being can be seen, is converse with the Divine that I have just mentioned. Let him whose soul seeks the truth arise and search.

I tell you truly that if souls are charged with true seeking and hearts develop true thirst; people would search for that way and would seek that path. How can that way be discovered, and how can the intervening veil be removed? I assure all seekers that it is Islam alone which conveys the good news of that path. All other people have since long sealed up divine revelation. Be sure, however, that this seal is not imposed by God, but is an excuse that is put forward by man on account of his privation.

Be sure that as it is not possible that we should be able to see without eyes, or should be able to hear without ears, or should be able to speak without a tongue, in the same way it is not possible that without the help of the Quran we should be able to behold the countenance of the True Beloved. I was young and am now old but I have not encountered anyone who has quaffed the cup of this visible understanding except out of this holy fountain.

Page 206-207

Click to access Philosophy-of-Teachings-of-Islam.pdf

Thanks and regards

Seekers Path is Open to Find God

March 17, 2014

I have written a post on the following blog of uncleE; the viewers could add their valuable comments here even if they differ.

“Is there a God?”
“How can we know if God exists? Do philosophical arguments help?”
http://www.is-there-a-god.info/blog/clues/how-can-we-know-if-god-exists-do-philosophical-arguments-help/
http://www.is-there-a-god.info/blog/clues/how-can-we-know-if-god-exists-do-philosophical-arguments-help/#comment-8851

paarsurrey
MAR 17, 2014 @ 15:22:18

@ Howie :MAR 17, 2014 @ 14:01:54

If you are a sincere seeker; and as you have explained above; then you are different from other Atheists/Skeptics. They immediately start ridiculing and deriding while you have not done it; I appreciate.

I will suggest you to read the following small volume book, freely available online; I think it will help you.
“The philosophy of Teachings of Islam” by Mirza Ghulam Ahmad

Click to access Philosophy-of-Teachings-of-Islam.pdf

Thanks and regards

Sincere seekers could find God; not the philosophers

March 17, 2014

I have written a post on the following blog of uncleE; the viewers could add their valuable comments here even if they differ.

“Is there a God?”
“How can we know if God exists? Do philosophical arguments help?”

http://www.is-there-a-god.info/blog/clues/how-can-we-know-if-god-exists-do-philosophical-arguments-help/
http://www.is-there-a-god.info/blog/clues/how-can-we-know-if-god-exists-do-philosophical-arguments-help/#comment-8848

paarsurrey
MAR 17, 2014 @ 12:00:51

I never maintained that philosophical arguments are useless; these may be useful but are only done as philosophical gymnastic or just for academics; and don’t add to the certainty of God’s existence and remain to the extent “there should be God” or otherwise.

My point is that only sincere seekers could find God not the Philosophers; this thing has been very clearly mentioned by Quran in the very beginning of it:

[2:3] This is a perfect Book; there is no doubt in it; it is a guidance for the *righteous,

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/showChapter.php?ch=2
* Sincere seekers

This point has been further elaborated below:

“Let us also consider the case of a philosopher and a seeker after truth, both of whom set out for the same goal—i.e., to find out about God’s existence—but with completely different intentions. The philosopher tries to use his knowledge and wisdom to ascertain whether or not the universe has a creator.

Even if he comes to the conclusion that God does exist, he will not bother to find out His attributes or His relationship with His creatures, for this is not his aim. His aim is only to satisfy his intellectual thirst.
He is not desirous of communion with God, nor anxious for His nearness, nor craving for His friendship. He does not have the desire to reach Him, nor does he care to know of His Will.

A seeker, on the other hand, aims at reaching God. He wants to have communion with Him and desires His friendship and nearness. He is anxious to know of His Will, so that he can follow it. Can we put the philosopher and the seeker on the same plane?

Of course not

The first step, therefore, is that one should set one’s intentions straight and seek God like a seeker, not like a philosopher.

Page 31-32 “Our God” by Mirza Bashir Ahmad

Click to access OurGod.pdf

Thanks and regards

“Do you believe you exist?” Atheists to answer

March 16, 2014

I have written a post on the following blog of uncleE; the viewers could add their valuable comments here even if they differ.
“Is there a God?”
“How can we know if God exists? Do philosophical arguments help?”
http://www.is-there-a-god.info/blog/clues/how-can-we-know-if-god-exists-do-philosophical-arguments-help/

“Is there a God?”
“How can we know if God exists? Do philosophical arguments help?”

http://www.is-there-a-god.info/blog/clues/how-can-we-know-if-god-exists-do-philosophical-arguments-help/
http://www.is-there-a-god.info/blog/clues/how-can-we-know-if-god-exists-do-philosophical-arguments-help/#comment-8843

paarsurrey
MAR 16, 2014 @ 15:34:53

@ Howie
MAR 14, 2014 @ 20:11:55, MAR 15, 2014 @ 01:48:29:

I quote your words:
“Looks like you are arguing that the existence of God is self-evident or as some like to say a “properly basic” belief”
“Have you ever worked through your thoughts on what criteria make up a belief that as you say is “very natural” or as others say self-evident? I have worked through this and can’t say I am right, but I’m interested in your thoughts.”

I submit my response.

I believe that the philosophers with all their wisdom could only conclude to the maximum to the level that “there should be a god”; or “there should not be a god”. They cannot go to high level of “God exists”. Their maximum is the minimum of belief that is required in religion.

Hence I don’t make their thoughts as basis of my belief. It is right my belief in God is one of the basics of my beliefs rather it is the prime belief under which my all other beliefs must follow. This is also true that God is self-evident; no doubt about it but I don’t subscribe to the philosophical terms in vogue in this connection.

But my statement is not a “discussion killer”; it is rather a discussion opener.

When I say one for instance; “Do you believe you exist”? Please prove.

The type of reasons that one will provide that may form a practical genre or basis of our further discussion in the topic.

Please keep in mind that God is not for the scientists or philosophers alone that it is vital for us to follow them and their reasons, approaches and their explorations. They are not on the norm of life; that is why they are called genius; they might be experts in their respective fields but in our topic in hand “Existence of God” they are just laymen; equipped with no tools in this field. God is for everybody.

God is not being invented; that we must need them. He does not need to be invented; He would rather abhor this thought. God is not dependent on their finding Him; humans are dependent on Him, whatever their status.

Anybody searching for Him with the methods of philosophy or tools of science will never find Him:

[6:104] Eyes cannot reach Him but He reaches the eyes. And He is the Incomprehensible, the All-Aware.
[6:105] Proofs have indeed come to you from your Lord; so whoever sees, it is for his own good; and whoever becomes blind, it is to his own harm. And I am not a guardian over you.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/showChapter.php?ch=6&verse=103

The One-True-God (I don’t mean here Jesus or Krishna; they were not gods) never claimed that one could find Him with the methods of philosophy or tools of science; rather their failure with their tools to find him is a proof that He exists.
They have no say in it except for their own selves. God is more or most for the ordinary and or common people, they need Him most.

Please, therefore, answer this little and innocent question.

Do you believe that you exist?

Atheists always pushing others to the answering end

March 15, 2014

I wrote a post on the following blog; the viewers are welcome to give their valuable opinions even if they differ.

“UNCONFIRMEDABSOLUTES”
“WHOSE BURDEN IS IT?”

http://unconfirmedabsolutes.wordpress.com/2014/02/04/whose-burden-is-it/
http://unconfirmedabsolutes.wordpress.com/2014/02/04/whose-burden-is-it/comment-page-1/#comment-120

paarsurrey says:
March 15, 2014 at 8:59 pm

UNCONFIRMEDABSOLUTES wrote: Quote “Even then they insist me to give evidences and proofs. I ask them to define as to what they understand from evidence in their own words rather than quoting from some dictionary; they even avoid it.” Unquote

Paarsurrey says: As I said, burden of proof is not an issue with me; I feel no burden of it; and I deny anybody putting burden of it on me. I immediately know that the person is weak in arguments as also his standpoint is weak, hence he avoids to share the ethical and moral burden of a joint discussion.

I want the Atheists to realize that it is not rational or reasonable for them to always be on the questioning end. But they are always like that; never being on the answering end and always pushing others to the answering end; maybe just for convenience. On this important issue of the “Existence of God or otherwise”; they just sit pretty; never giving any positive evidences that “God does not exist”.

If we give proofs or evidences; they just reject them arrogantly saying these are no proofs and evidences. It is for this that I ask them to define as to what they personally understand from the words “proofs and evidences”; only then we could be on the same page for discussion or understanding.

Thanks and regards

Belief in existence of God is natural; like belief in existence of parents or belief in my own existence

March 12, 2014

Please view Paarsurrey comments on the blog “UNCONFIRMEDABSOLUTES” for your valuable opinion, even if you differ.
“WHOSE BURDEN IS IT?”

http://unconfirmedabsolutes.wordpress.com/
http://unconfirmedabsolutes.wordpress.com/2014/02/04/whose-burden-is-it/
http://unconfirmedabsolutes.wordpress.com/2014/02/04/whose-burden-is-it/comment-page-1/#comment-114

paarsurrey says:
March 11, 2014 at 10:56 pm

@unconfirmedabsolutes : February 26, 2014 at 12:26 pm

I will try to reply your queries or questions one by one; it may take some time. Thanks for reminding me.

Paarsurrey wrote:

“I believe in the One-True-God very naturally; like I believe in my own existence or my parents’ existence; and I don’t need any evidence or proof for that for my own self. This is my open standpoint; and this has come to me very naturally.”

unconfirmedabsolutes wrote:

“I understand where this is coming from, but I have to remind you, that I have seen my parents, I have heard from them, and everyone else cannot dispute that they do not exist. It is not that you do not need prove for your parent’s existence. But you actually do have the evidence that your parents exists.”

Paarsurrey explains:

By my words “for my own self”; I meant for my own satisfaction. One believes one’s parents as one’s own parents for the natural love, affection and care they take of one, never needing to go after the possibly available DNA proofs etc.

And for my own existence; I don’t even need that. I am because I have the consciousness that I am; that is ample proof for my own existence.

Does it help?

Thanks


%d bloggers like this: