Archive for the ‘Peace’ Category

“Is Koran a Book of Peace, Not War?”

October 15, 2017

Is Koran a Book of Peace, Not War?
Debating Christianity and Religion Forum Index -> Theology, Doctrine, and Dogma

Paarsurrey wrote:

 Post 1: 
“In order for them* to generate support beyond their small group, they have to latch onto universal symbols, and this is where Islam becomes a target of convenience for them,” says Nyang People combine pieces of verse from the Koran and use it to justify their actions, says Khouj. “But to understand the full meaning of the verse,” he says, “you have to read the one before it, the one after it, maybe five to six verses to get the full picture.” The “full picture” of Islam and the Koran, say Khouj and Nyang, is captured by Chapter 5, Verse 32: “[I]f anyone slew a person—unless it be for murder or spreading mischief in the land—it would be as if he slew the whole people. And if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people.”

 http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2001/09/0925_TVkoran_2.html
* The terrorists

One may like to read the full article titled “Koran a Book of Peace, Not War, Scholars Say” by Peter Standring, National Geographic Today, September 25, 2001

Regards

The viewers of this blog  join the discussion here or at the “Debating Christianity and Religion Forum Index

“Muhammad abhorred fighting with anyone. Did he?”

October 9, 2017

https://debatingchristianity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=888732#888732

Post 1: 
Muhammad abhorred fighting with anyone. Did he?
Paarsurrey wrote:


Muhammad under the guidance of Word of God established a most equitable, peaceful and rational society starting from Mecca, Medina and when Mecca became free under his control to the whole of the Arabian Peninsula and of course then in the whole world.
Muhammad abhorred fighting with anyone and he was not trained to fight. Was he, please?
Regards
OOOOOOOOOOOReference Post 24 in the thread “Worship of Mary not Biblical”:
https://debatingchristianity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=888509#888509
Post 5: 
W—-h wrote:
It’s dangerous to see the good in wicked people and more dangerous to try to justify wicked actions because it’s not healthy to support immorality.For instance all criminals would claim to abhor violence but in their situation they had to do it.

But the criminal at least deserves some pity because we did not walk in their shoes. But the one that makes excuses for the criminal deserves far less pity because they are justifying evil.

Right now we have a mass delusion enforced by violence and fear where sane comments about a historical figure are not possible. The West is going to have to choose again between freedom and slavery and it is not clear it has the courage to do so.

We can talk sanely about Ghengis khan or Hitler or napoleon or Cesar or pharoah but not Mohammad. Why is that?


W—-h wrote:

Quote:
We can talk sanely about Ghengis khan or Hitler or napoleon or Cesar or pharoah but not Mohammad. Why is that?

Paarsurrey wrote:
One is welcome to talk about Muhammad sanely, no harm, please.
Did one read Quran to know the truth about Muhammad? Quran is the truthful source of important/crucial/salient points about the life events of Muhammad, and it recorded them while these happened as if a live transmission was going on. Right, please?

Regards
__________
Anyone who says the Quran advocates terrorism obviously hasn’t read its lessons on violence
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/islam-muslim-terrorism-islamist-extremism-quran-teaching-violence-meaning-prophet-muhammed-a7676246.html

War and Buddhism

November 20, 2011

War and Buddhism

I believe on sound arguments that every Revealed Religion and its founders were all peaceful and peace promoting.
Buddha and Muhammad were one such peace loving religious founders. Due to the current political situation in the world and due to the terrorists it is generally held, though wrongly, that Islam is not peaceful and Buddhism is peaceful.
For a comparison, the root teachings of Quran should be taken into account.

The Buddhists had been at war in the history. Just for record I give one such link:

http://buddhism.about.com/od/basicbuddhistteachings/a/war.htm

What kind of hope do Atheists have?

June 6, 2009

Paarsurrey says:

Hi friend Ron Ash

I don’t think it is a consistent or natural and scientific stance. It is good that you have a hope, love and faith. How does Jesus advise you or angels from God Allah YHWH guide you. Do you think you are an Apostle like Paul or Joseph Smith or you are different form them?

What kind of hope do Atheists have?

It is good that Truth is your religion.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

Ron Ash said:

I belong to all denominations and no denominations. My faith is that of hope, love and faith. Truth is my religion. Jesus advises me and I am guided by angels to do what God sends me to do. I Am an Apostle and all that it means to be.

Tell me a little about yourself.

You can see comments of Ron Ash on my post here:

https://paarsurrey.wordpress.com/2009/06/05/paul8bee-%e2%80%9cthis-constant-reference-to-the-holy-scriptures-is-not-at-all-interesting-to-one-who-is-in-fact-tuned-into-god%e2%80%9d-is-he-right-to-say-it-a-question-to-the-viewers/#comments

Jesus asked his not so brave disciples to sell their clothes they were wearing and buy Swords; and Swords are not used in cutting vegetables in the kitchens

May 30, 2009

wdednh says:

Muhammad was a peaceful man; he killed nobody; “Paar”

“In Medina,”محمّد Muhammad” united the conflicting tribes, and after eight years of fighting with the Meccan tribes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad

So which is right? Wikipedia or Paarsurrey

thanks

wdednh

You can see all comments on Paarsurrey post here:

https://paarsurrey.wordpress.com/2009/05/28/len-nederlof-to-paarsurrey-more-questions-and-responses/#comments

Paarsurrey says;

Hi friend wdednh

The West, as I understand, due to certain disinformation has seen only Mullah-Islam or Mullah-Shariah; the true face of peaceful and human loving Muhammad and his religion Islam and Islam of the Promised Messiah 1835-1908 is yet hidden from their eyes, which is truly speaking moral and peaceful.

The first forty years, i.e. before Muhammad was appointed Messenger Prophet by God Allah YHWH, has been offered as a reasonable argument/challenge in Quran before Nonbelievers-of-Mecca, and they could not deny its truthfulness.

Muhammad had a marvelous record of a peace loving person for 40+13=53 years, he joined in welfare activities if there was any in Mecca, he helped the needy and in distress, he stood for the human cause, he never harmed any person. His record in these 53 years is clean by any standards.

And you know Jesus only lived from 23 to 33 years maximum as per the Catholics Protestants; please correct me if I am wrong; who knows what Jesus would have done to his enemies if he would have lived longer; only God Allah YHWH knows.

So, there is no justifiable comparison. Compare first 33 years of Muhammad with first 33 years of Jesus and Muhammad continued 20 years more, all peaceful, so he is more creditable.

Jesus asked his not so brave disciples to sell their clothes they were wearing and buy Swords; and Sword is not used in cutting vegetables in the kitchens, I think, everybody knows.

Nevertheless, Muhammad was peaceful till the end of his life, only he is not understood correctly. Muhammad was a prince of peace, indeed.

I love Moses, Krishna and Jesus.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

The Islamic wars, fought by Muhammad, were not fought to spread the faith but only to protect the lives of the persecuted and innocent Muslims

May 11, 2009

~ War was always thrust upon Muslims of Muhammad’s time and they never fought with the intention of spreading the faith
~ The blame lies wholly with the ignorant Maulawis who do not value human life, and are so thirsty for blood that they eagerly await a Mahdi who, they believe, will come to cause bloodshed

Mirza Ghulam Ahmad 1835-1908, the Promised Messiah, the Second Coming says:

Those who are acquainted with the early history of Islam
are no doubt aware of the cruelty and barbarity that was
perpetrated by the opponents in Mecca, and the number of
innocent people who were killed as a result. But this did
not deter people from embracing Islam. Even those of
limited intelligence could see that its teachings were far
more rational and convincing than those of the idol-worshippers.
When the opponents saw the futility of their
efforts, they decided that the only solution was to assassinate
the Holy Prophet (sa),but God rescued him from their
hands and led him to Medina in safety.

The Meccans,
however, persisted in their evil designs, and continued
their efforts to kill him even in Medina. Under these circumstances,
the Muslims had to defend themselves and to
avenge those who attacked them unjustly. The Islamic
wars were not fought to spread the faith but only to protect
the lives of the Muslims. Can any reasonable person
believe that Islam was unable to prove the Oneness of
God before the idolaters—who worshipped stone idols
and other inanimate objects, and were engrossed in all
kinds of vice—and had to resort to the sword for this reason?
God forbid! These allegations are groundless and
those who make them, do a grave injustice to Islam by
concealing the truth.

The Maulawis have played their part in perpetrating this
injustice, but the Christian clerics are no less guilty, for
they too have impressed these thoughts in the minds of the
Muslims by highlighting the edicts of foolish Maulawis.
When Muslims hear their own Maulawis issuing edicts in
favour of Jihad, and hear the Christian clerics—who are
also eminent scholars—raising the same objection against
Islam, they fall prey to the concept that Islam encourages
this kind of Jihad. Both these positions have given rise to
these unfounded objections against Islam.

Had the Christian clergy not adopted this course, and had
they honestly and truthfully admitted that the edicts of the
Maulawis are based on sheer ignorance, and that the circumstances
which had necessitated the Jihad during the
early days of Islam are not present in this age, the very
notion of this kind of Jihad would have disappeared from
the world. But they failed to understand this, being guided
more by their passions than their reason.

God only permitted the Muslims to fight when He saw
that the disbelievers had become deserving of death due to
their atrocities. But He also made the provision that anyone
who accepted Islam would be spared. It is this which
has, perhaps, caused the critics to draw erroneous conclusions.
They do not seem to understand that the injunction
was concerned not with coercion but with offering clemency
to those who deserved to die. Calling this teaching
coercive is the height of absurdity.

They merited their
punishment, not because they were non-Muslims, but because
they were killers. And since God was aware that
they had perfectly understood the truth of Islam, therefore,
out of His grace, He granted them an opportunity to
atone for their sins. This is further evidence that Islam did
not teach coercion, rather it provided respite to those who
should have been killed for their bloodshed.
Muslims suffered many hardships, and the degree of
prejudice that existed against them was such that if any
member of a tribe entered Islam he would at once be executed
or would live in constant fear of his life.

Muslims
had to fight to win peace. But even under these difficult
circumstances, they never drew the sword unless the two
conditions of war were met. War was always thrust upon
them and they never fought with the intention of spreading
the faith. They only fought for the sake of security and
self-defence, but ignorant Maulawis later gave it a different
complexion and began to take pride in something
quite barbaric and shameful.

But it would be wrong to lay
the blame on the teachings of Islam. The blame lies
wholly with those who do not value human life, and are
so thirsty for blood that they eagerly await a Mahdi who,
they believe, will come to cause bloodshed. They wish to
convince people that Islam has always depended upon
force and coercion for its propagation and that it does not
possess an iota of truth.

http://www.alislam.org/library/books/How-to-be-Free-from-Sin-20080806MN.pdf

Smite, then, the upper parts of their necks, and smite off all finger-tips: Quran [8:13] explained

March 8, 2009

http://disc.yourwebapps.com/discussion.cgi?disc=148202;article=224965;title=OCRT%20Forum
http://disc.yourwebapps.com/discussion.cgi?id=148202;article=225092

wake_up_now says:
But how many commanded by God?
Fri Mar 6, 2009 06:17
71.112.107.174

Sura (8:12) – “I will cast TERROR into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore
strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them”

Sura (47:4) – “So when you meet in battle those who disbelieve, then smite the necks
until when you have overcome them, then make (them) prisoners,”

whitemunara says:
But how many commanded by God?Sun Mar 8, 2009 05:52202.163.118.234

Hi
A single verse without the text and the context could be sometimes misleading.

One cannot correctly understand the meaning of a word unless one knows the whole sentence in which it has been used; the value of a sentence could be best understood in a passage, and of a passage is best understood in a chapter. The reference with the context is therefore most essential for a useful discussion.

I, therefore give hereunder for the convenience of the members five preceding and five following verses of the first quoted verse by our friend wake_up_now, for the usual context along with the original text in Arabic:

[8:6] كَمَآ أَخۡرَجَكَ رَبُّكَ مِنۢ بَيۡتِكَ بِٱلۡحَقِّ وَإِنَّ فَرِيقً۬ا مِّنَ ٱلۡمُؤۡمِنِينَ لَكَـٰرِهُونَ
[8:6] As it was thy Lord Who rightfully brought thee forth from thy house, while a party of the believers were averse, therefore He helped thee against thy enemy.

[8:7] يُجَـٰدِلُونَكَ فِى ٱلۡحَقِّ بَعۡدَ مَا تَبَيَّنَ كَأَنَّمَا يُسَاقُونَ إِلَى ٱلۡمَوۡتِ وَهُمۡ يَنظُرُونَ
[8:7] They dispute with thee concerning the truth after it has become manifest, as though they are being driven to death while they actually see it.

[8:8] وَإِذۡ يَعِدُكُمُ ٱللَّهُ إِحۡدَى ٱلطَّآٮِٕفَتَيۡنِ أَنَّہَا لَكُمۡ وَتَوَدُّونَ أَنَّ غَيۡرَ ذَاتِ ٱلشَّوۡڪَةِ تَكُونُ لَكُمۡ وَيُرِيدُ ٱللَّهُ أَن يُحِقَّ ٱلۡحَقَّ بِكَلِمَـٰتِهِۦ وَيَقۡطَعَ دَابِرَ ٱلۡكَـٰفِرِينَ
[8:8] And remember the time when Allah promised you one of the two parties‡ that it should be yours, and you wished that the one without sting should be yours, but Allah desired to establish the truth by His words and to cut off the root of the disbelievers,

[8:9] لِيُحِقَّ ٱلۡحَقَّ وَيُبۡطِلَ ٱلۡبَـٰطِلَ وَلَوۡ كَرِهَ ٱلۡمُجۡرِمُونَ
[8:9] That He might establish the truth and bring to naught that which is false, although the guilty might dislike it.

[8:10] إِذۡ تَسۡتَغِيثُونَ رَبَّكُمۡ فَٱسۡتَجَابَ لَڪُمۡ أَنِّى مُمِدُّكُم بِأَلۡفٍ۬ مِّنَ ٱلۡمَلَـٰٓٮِٕكَةِ مُرۡدِفِينَ
[8:10] When you implored the assistance of your Lord, and He answered you, saying, ‘I will assist you with a thousand of the angels, following one another.’

[8:11] وَمَا جَعَلَهُ ٱللَّهُ إِلَّا بُشۡرَىٰ وَلِتَطۡمَٮِٕنَّ بِهِۦ قُلُوبُكُمۡ‌ۚ وَمَا ٱلنَّصۡرُ إِلَّا مِنۡ عِندِ ٱللَّهِ‌ۚ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ عَزِيزٌ حَكِيمٌ
[8:11] And Allah made it only as glad tidings, and that your hearts might thereby be set at rest. But help comes from Allah alone; surely, Allah is Mighty, Wise.

[8:12] إِذۡ يُغَشِّيكُمُ ٱلنُّعَاسَ أَمَنَةً۬ مِّنۡهُ وَيُنَزِّلُ عَلَيۡكُم مِّنَ ٱلسَّمَآءِ مَآءً۬ لِّيُطَهِّرَكُم بِهِۦ وَيُذۡهِبَ عَنكُمۡ رِجۡزَ ٱلشَّيۡطَـٰنِ وَلِيَرۡبِطَ عَلَىٰ قُلُوبِڪُمۡ وَيُثَبِّتَ بِهِ ٱلۡأَقۡدَامَ
[8:12] When He caused sleep to come upon you as a sign of security from Him, and He sent down water upon you from the clouds, that thereby He might purify you, and remove from you the filth of Satan, and that He might strengthen your hearts and make your steps firm therewith.

[8:13] إِذۡ يُوحِى رَبُّكَ إِلَى ٱلۡمَلَـٰٓٮِٕكَةِ أَنِّى مَعَكُمۡ فَثَبِّتُواْ ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ‌ۚ سَأُلۡقِى فِى قُلُوبِ ٱلَّذِينَ كَفَرُواْ ٱلرُّعۡبَ فَٱضۡرِبُواْ فَوۡقَ ٱلۡأَعۡنَاقِ وَٱضۡرِبُواْ مِنۡہُمۡ ڪُلَّ بَنَانٍ۬
[8:13] When thy Lord revealed to the angels, saying, ‘I am with you; so give firmness to those who believe. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Smite, then, the upper parts of their necks, and smite off all finger-tips.’

[8:14] ذَٲلِكَ بِأَنَّهُمۡ شَآقُّواْ ٱللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ ۥ‌ۚ وَمَن يُشَاقِقِ ٱللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ ۥ فَإِنَّ ٱللَّهَ شَدِيدُ ٱلۡعِقَابِ
[8:14] That is because they have opposed Allah and His Messenger. And whoso opposes Allah and His Messenger, then Allah is surely severe in retribution.

[8:15] ذَٲلِڪُمۡ فَذُوقُوهُ وَأَنَّ لِلۡكَـٰفِرِينَ عَذَابَ ٱلنَّارِ
[8:15] That is your punishment, taste it then; and know that for disbelievers there is the punishment of the Fire.

[8:16] يَـٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوٓاْ إِذَا لَقِيتُمُ ٱلَّذِينَ كَفَرُواْ زَحۡفً۬ا فَلَا تُوَلُّوهُمُ ٱلۡأَدۡبَارَ
[8:16] O ye who believe! when you meet those who disbelieve, advancing in force, turn not your backs to them.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/showChapter.php?ch=8&verse=10

Unquote

So,it is celar from the context of the verses that under the situation when a declared war was going on ,the instruction were appropriate.

One must ask a question to oneself :Should one fight in a defensive war cowardly?

I think every reasonable person would admit that, since it was not a peace time, in a declared war it was fair.

I love Jesus, Mary as I do love Moses and his mother.

Paarsurrey- an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

Peaceful Muslims should be encouraged and facilitated to settle in the U.S.

February 25, 2009

http://forums.catholic.com/showpost.php?p=4855759&postcount=33
Peaceful Muslims should be encouraged and facilitated to settle in the U.S.

Originally Posted by rtconstant:
Paarsurrey,

I agree with your idea here not just for Muslims but for people of all nations and cultures. Certainly the US is a good place for the personal growth of enlightened Muslims. Indeed moderate Muslims have much more in common with Westerners than their counterparts in native lands. My own life has been enriched by Muslim friends here in the US. I’m also in love with a Muslim girl who I’m very glad was able to come to this country. She gained citizenship in 2008!

Anyway, I know that you want to keep this as theological discussion and not a political one. However, the nature of the question is political. As its asking a political entity (the United States) to encourage the immigration of a certain segment of a religious group.

I’m sure that moderate Muslims around the world would be thrilled to be in the West, but I wonder what the impact would be in the East if all of the voices of reason were in the West. That has powerful political ramifications.

[quote=rtconstant; 4855509]Paarsurrey says:

Hi friend/brother rtconstant!

I thank you very much for your charitable input in the thread. Though I started for asking this for peaceful Muslim; but if Catholics are suffering, they should also be provided a rescue, similarly for the Hindus. I have raised in fact a humanitarian issue and a clear divide in the world. I have not addressed the Political America; I have addressed the Humanitarian America. I know that a very large number of American tax payers’ money is being spent for political gains; while they are losing on the humanitarian grounds. I know there is a large number of our Catholics in America, whose first priority is humanity; next comes our Humanists (commonly called Atheists/Agnostics), they also want to advance the humanitarian cause. I know the ladies in America; of whatever faith, color or race, they have a motherly thinking for the world; they don’t think in terms of destroying a people.

If a single woman Mother Teresa could serve humanity in odd condition in India; why cannot the Mothers of America, be they Catholics or Humanists, serve in concerted manner to help the humanity? Let the Children of the World live in peace and tranquility, please.

Americans (mind it I am no addressing the political one) are leading the world; and I am not jealous of that; but they should lead humanly, that is my point. I address the MothersTeresasAmericanas to solve this humanitarian issue, and of course the men should also support it.

I some up your points hereunder to highlight them again:

1. I agree with your idea here not just for Muslims but for people of all nations and cultures. Certainly the US is a good place for the personal growth of enlightened Muslims. Indeed moderate Muslims have much more in common with Westerners than their counterparts in native lands. My own life has been enriched by Muslim friends here in the US.

2. I know that you want to keep this as theological discussion and not a political one. However, the nature of the question is political. As its asking a political entity (the United States)

3. I’m sure that moderate Muslims around the world would be thrilled to be in the West, but I wonder what the impact would be in the East if all of the voices of reason were in the West. That has powerful political ramifications.

I love Jesus, Mary and Mother Teresa of India

Thanks
__________________
I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

Peaceful Muslims should be encouraged and facilitated to settle in the U.S.

February 25, 2009

http://forums.catholic.com/showpost.php?p=4850927&postcount=11
Peaceful Muslims should be encouraged and facilitated to settle in the U.S.

Originally Posted by dzheremi:
How can the raving lunatics who you say are misrepresenting Islam ever be confronted .

Paarsurrey says:

Hi

Due to, and to avoid, the huge collateral damage of human innocent lives of children, women, and other peacefful persons, presently suffering because of the advanced war-machinery of the West.

The Militants are safe; the peaceful are being killed, instead.

I don’t say that the peaceful Muslims should be forced to migrate; I am talking of facilitating them, if they apply for it.

The peaceful people would always adopt the peaceful methods and won’t prefer to become unpeaceful under any circumstances.

This is a moral responsibility of the West, I think.

Sorry, I won’t discuss politics; I am talking of the human side of the problem only, in my opinion.

I love Jesus, Mary and Mother Teresa

Thanks
__________________
I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

Peaceful Muslims should be encouraged and facilitated to settle in the U.S.

February 25, 2009


%d bloggers like this: